Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Passion Pit Concert Review: Friday, April 2

PASSION PIT.

An epic band. If you have not yet gotten into them yet, there is something wrong with you. They're a bit more upbeat, electronic-y, but there's no possible way to listen to this band without dancing. And, unlike MGMT, (who was awful live), this pop-electronic band was amazing. Like I said before, I saw them at Lollapalooza last August, and although that crowd was more into the show (because crowds at Lollapalooza always are,) they were still great.

Again, I'm going to be all angst-ridden and obnoxious, but I was upset with the venue they played in. I saw them at Congress Theater in Chicago, and while that's a smaller venue for Chicago (while still holding 4,000 people) there were just too many people to create the optimum mosh pit for dancing. It's was a tad upsetting.
They played a lot from their newest album, Manners, but still played stuff from Chunk of Change. Most people have heard "Sleepyhead," and you need to if you haven't, so I'll add a link at the end of this post. "Moths Wings," and "Little Secrets" got the crowd pretty hyped up, but my favorite track by far is "The Reeling." It was just a ridiculous display of wonderful music. I don't really know how else to describe it. Awesome show. Very pleased with my Friday night.
Download: Passion Pit -- Sleepyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment